Good evening everyone! I have accepted the Liebster Award and thank you to Jhaneel Lockhart for nominating my blog. Please be sure to check out her blog where she writes about recent travels to Paris, topics about Gen Y, and things to do in New York City!
Q&A from Jhaneel:
- How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
- What do you feel most proud of?
I try so hard to impress none but myself because I have true passion for my writing. If you live life to make everyone else happy but yourself, you won’t impress anyone in the long term.
- What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the courage to do yet?
Move this blog to a web hosting platform and turn it into an official website. Any ideas? Comment below!
- If you could do anything for work, what would you do?
I want to build satellite business schools around the globe for people with disabilities to move towards equal education and use innovation to bridge the gap between potential and fulfillment. When they go for interviews, students can navigate the fear of interviews and get the job they truly deserve. Students will also participate in promoting positive learning to other young people living with disabilities.
- How do you spend your free time?
Exploring. I go out and take pictures of anything that represents IME & ATF. Life is busy already and I need that block of free time to take full, 110% advantage of my passion.
- What is the last book you really loved?
Title: The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change.
Author: Adam Braun. Checkout his website here.
- What is your biggest fear?
I think about creating ideas that are impossible. I fear that I won’t have the support I need to reach my goal that is mentioned in question #4. In addition, failure has to be an option in order for me to SERIOUSLY succeed in launching my own social enterprise and improving the state of the world.
- What do you love most about yourself?
I try not to live life looking behind my shoulders. This is my inspiration of how I started ATF.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I stood with arms wide and laughing on the bow of a mini cruise on the morning of St. Patrick’s Day while sailing from Holyhead, Wales to Dublin, Ireland at approximately 2:45AM. Our ferry departed from Wales at 2AM. I will never forget how scared I was as a non-swimmer standing arms wide while the cold wind crashed into my face pushing me in all different directions.
- What does a perfect day look like to you?
ATF buddies joining me on an epic traveling food adventure:)
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Vegetable broth with quinoa, vermicelli, banana flower, Enokitake mushrooms, and grilled tofu.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- My favorite places I’ve traveled are Bangor, Wales and Montego Bay, Jamaica. Jhneel I thought of you on this one since you’re from Jamaica.
- Favorite colors are blue, sea green, sepia.
- I graduated with a BA in International Studies w/ 2 minors in English and Global Public Health.
- I really want to meet a lot of my ATFoodies. To start off, if you live on the east coast in the US, comment below and lets do an awesome collaborative post about cool food spots around town…or even make a meal at home.
- I want a ranch-type cottage in the countryside of Wales.
- I am obsessed with learning about international languages and how to communicate in a local ethnic food market.
- I love listening to Hello by Adele. She has a beautiful voice and I’ll never get tired of hearing that song.
- I used to work as a nursing assistant in a long-term care facility and loved it.
- I’ve visited and touched HP’s cart at station 9 and 3/4 at King’s Cross Station. I tried to go thru the wall but the kitchen elves sealed it off.
- I started this blog originally to give advice about life and its challenges. Sometimes you will see IME as a sign-off under some posts which was the original name until I changed it. After posting recipes and travel logs, I found my passion and hence ATF was born.
- One word to best describe me: #trendysupercentricAvidTravelFoodie
My 5 nominees:
I challenge the 5 nominees above to answer these 11 questions below:
- What’s has been your biggest challenge when you blog apart from writer’s block?
- What is your favorite color?
- If I were to hand you a 1-way ticket, where would you go?
- If you were given $100,000, what would be the focus of your social enterprise?
- What’s your biggest achievement so far?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What’s your favorite dessert that you can have after every meal for the rest of your life?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve want to do but have never done?
- Who is your inspiration?
- If you were to partner with a fellow blogger, who would it be and what would you do?
- Describe yourself in 4 words without spaces using a hashtag in the beginning.
Thank you again Jhaneel for making today the happiest day for me. I really appreciate it. And to you for current and future ATF followers, I couldn’t have done it without you. All of you mean so much to me when I see feedback about my travels because you bring me joy and happiness.
Make sure you HIT the LIKE button down below, COMMENT, SHARE, & FOLLOW this blog if you haven’t done so already.
See ya’ll later peeps!
#Avid #Travel #Foodie #Inspire #Motivate #Elevate