We all deal with insecurity in our lives. It’s our way of foreseeing if a certain action or event will be successful or end negatively for us. With everything that’s happening in the world, sometimes we overthink about our future and the loved ones around us.
Top 7 steps to recognize the roots of insecurity and organizing your emotions on paper.
- Practice being objective: Take yourself out of the nervous situation and imagine telling a person something positive. You are removing yourself from a difficult situation and talking to your future self.
- Write down your fears: This task can’t be done in 5-10 minutes so give yourself 30-45 minutes. During this time frame, you will feel a wide range of emotions where you cannot comprehend everything. Those same exact emotions should be written down on a piece of paper and then try to organize from least worst and the worst of the worst. You can tackle easy challenges first and then the harder ones can be resolved in progress.
- Remind yourself of the success you’ve had in the past to present: Write this down and hang it somewhere you and others can see it. Keep a regular journal of the little successes that happened during the day and remind yourself of them the day after.
- The worst that could happen: Going back to step 1, this will be hard but reminding and recognizing yourself for the difficult challenges ahead is important to figure out your path.
- The best thing that could happen: From step 4, what is the best thing that could come out from the worst scenario? Every negative event in your life will have a positive outcome in the near or far future.
- Practice self-talk: This is not only true for those that are quiet and shy. Practicing self-talk is helpful for those overcoming insecurities because when you talk positively about yourself out loud where no one is watching, you can feel good about yourself. Take 5 mins and just talk. Trust me, it works.
- New experiences: Question yourself on why you say no. A friend asks you to go with him/her or try out a new hobby. You automatic response would be to say no and respond negatively to avoid any surprises. However, if you comfort them and start saying yes, it will open up room for trust. By saying yes, you can get new experiences under your belt and have stories to share with your friends and family. Or even blog about it too!
In the next post, I will show you the steps on taking action and being in-charge of your life.
Make sure you HIT the LIKE button down below, COMMENT, SHARE, & FOLLOW this blog if you haven’t done so already.
See ya’ll later peeps!
#Avid #Travel #Foodie #Inspire #Motivate #Elevate